The following is a list of items to consider when researching and selecting a bullet-resistant barrier system.
- Level of protection: UL Level I to Level III.
- Type of system: arch, baffle, or secure sound.
- Type of material: acrylic or polycarbonate.
- Type of coating: uncoated or abrasion-resistant coating intended to prevent scratching during general cleaning.
- Provide a friendly access portal for staff/customer interface by selecting a bulletproof barrier system that promotes natural voice transmission.
- Your bullet-resistant barrier system should be free-standing to provide clean, unrestricted site lines enabling surveillance cameras clear access through the system to eliminate check fraud.
- All acrylic or polycarbonate edges should be sanded and polished for a clean, professional finish.
- For increased security, add ballistic fiberglass in knee spaces and risers.
- Slot Louvers added above your bullet-resistant barrier system can increase airflow.